Portable USB sticks are certainly a very handy way to carry documents around, but they could also be regarded as a threat to privacy if they fall into the wrong hands.
If you want to make sure your USB is perfectly empty before lending it to someone else, use Eraser Portable. With this easy tool you can delete any content from your USB memory stick in a very effective way, making sure nobody will be able to recover it – not even with one of those special file recovery tools.
Eraser Portable works with tasks, that is, you create customizable tasks that can be run straight away or scheduled for later on. Each task contains all the necessary information about what has to be deleted and you can create as many of them as you want, though I must say I don't think the task-based interface is the most intuitive way to use a program.
Eraser Portable does take a while to erase all contents from your removable drive and overwrite them beyond recovery, but the results are very effective.
If you want to make sure the files in your USB memory device won't be recovered, use Eraser Portable and make them disappear forever.
- Progress dialog improvements
- Deal with cluster tip erasure failures more robustly
- When a user does a folder erasure, delete all empty subfolders of the target if they are empty after the erase regardless of whether the folder should be deleted when empty
- Fixed the crash which appears after Erase has been running for a while
- Create a Hide button for the progress dialog
- Relabelled tab order for the progress dialog
- Friendlier error message used when access is denied erasing a file cluster tip